Sunday, July 31, 2005


Poetry dump.

Most of my poems are always these little twirling thoughts that whisp around in my head the way a cotton does in the wind. If I have a pen and paper handy I will write them down. Occasionally, I'll expand on them, but usually not. Sometimes I think I might not be that bad if I were ever disciplined enough to edit my work. Cut me some slack! My goal for the last third of this summer is to shave every morning. Shoot, editing my work would be like climbing frickin' Mt. Everest.

-----


Lord, guide me through this night
My headlights ain't workin' right
I been listenin' to Siren Songs
that be pullin' me away
Had my eyes licking things
that won't last past the day
-----


Fasion me into a limber, keen-eyed
fighter
w/ hungry eyes ready to spring
and sink my teeth into
the haunches of holy things
------

-This one especially you'll like-

You're a plarpy one, God
whimsical smiles, and frovaled feet
walking you to the next frablibdy hug
------


Lawdy Mercy!
I'se stinkin' up the place!
Ears stuffed with pride
Eyes covered ambition
Mouth bound up w/ hubris
Lawdy Mercy
I'se all confusticated!
Feet rooted in ignorance
Hands tied w/ indecision
Body soaked in holes o' regret
Lawdy Mercy
My shit's all kinds a fucked up!
Been singin' the same ol' song
Been doin' twenty years long
Been tryin', then lyin', then sighin'
I been listenin' to myself twenty years too long.
------


If there's nothing to say,
we can always just say the silence
Let the hair fall in front of your face
and let me feel the smooth skin
around you shoulders and neck,
around your hidden curves.
If there's nothing to see
we can always just be
the lowlight.

I want you.
-----


Your love for me sprints past the horizon
longing to carry me palces new and incredible.
Though the mountains crumble,
Your love for the nations will never die
While there are horizons to be chased,
Your love can almost be measured
While there are atoms to be counted,
Your mercies can almost be counted.
-----


Many times and many lies have seen me through this far
but many times these many lies have only brought
tears to my eyes
Many times these many lies
are the only things my hand have touched
Many are mine of the words of the lies scorched raw
in my savvy flesh
Many times these two eyes long for something new and true
But many times these menacing lies gouge out my
truth seeking eyes.
Too few times have these two knees fallen hard on the floor to ask for what I need
Too few times have these two truth seeking eyes shut tight in embraces of you
Too few times have these truth seeking eyes looked on worldy promises
Making my now ailing eyes search the horizon for traces of You.
-----


So that was my latest poetry dump. Remarks welcome; however, comments are encouraged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home