Sunday, May 14, 2006

Yeah, what is so amazing?

I've been reading What's so Amazing about Grace by Phillip Yancey and it's like ointment on a burn, like water to a parched mouth, like honeyed bread to a starving traveler, like a mother's singing to a sick toddler, like a fresh breeze to an exhausted runner, like hearing God's voice saying "I'm so glad that you're here.", like having your father wipe away your tears. It's soothing to my soul.

It's realizing the freedom to speak the prayer, "Remeber, merciful Jesus, that I am the cause of your journey." It's really what I needed right now. As all of the storms in my life have been coming to a head these last 6 weeks, it feels like God has done enough to earn the right to say that He has been there with me.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Cheb said...

It's a very soothing book, yeah.

Oftentimes I think we as Christians forget the core message of Grace while fiddling with our little addendums.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Maturity said...

word

 

Post a Comment

<< Home