Thursday, March 29, 2007

Beginnings

A friend of mine became a Christian last week. He was in my Bible study last year. It's... neat, ya know. I just don't know how else to say it. I want to claim a lot of the work as my own... but it's so neat to see this happen because I do care about the guy and I did spend a lot of time with him talking to him and listening to his struggles. It's good to see this.

I really hope God blesses you, Robert.

On a side note, I think I'm done with IV. Not that I'm done, though; it's more like I feel God pulling me away and pointing me in the direction of my work. I want to be a good linguist and the more I get into this field the more I'm having problems with it. I think those problems are coming from the fact that I have not been giving this semester a lot of my effort. I've been pretty slack in my work, and I don't want to be like that. I want to be the best, and by that I mean I want to be the absolute that God can make me. I don't claim to be anything amazing anymore, but I do want to be myself and the best thing that I can be with the gifts that God has given me.

2 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger reasonablewoman said...

For the last week or so, I decided that I was done with this, but I'm giving it another chance... due to my impatience and perhaps even a lack of faith.

Oh well.

Please take a look at my comment on one of your postings back in November of last year. This may answer some of your questions as to "what the heck is this girl is talking about?"

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger ZumbieYogini said...

I know I'm just some random person, but I googled "Restless Spirit" tonight, because that's how I'm feeling myself. I like how you said you want to be the absolute of what God can make you. That, for me, makes a lot of sense with the restless spirit motif. OK, well since you don't know who I am and I don't like having my blog published, I'll close for now. Thanks for writing. Peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home