Sunday, December 03, 2006

I have been reading a lot of psalms

The world piled up hatred against me.
My enemies have laid traps for me;
They have sunk arrows deep into my heart
And fear stripped away my inhibitions.
I proclaimed my hatred of You and
My mouth poured blame on You,
“You have done this to me!
This is Your hand for You hate me;
You have lied to me,”
I said in my pride.
My pride and has blinded me,
My life is foolishness;
I have contemplated the ruin of my way
And my heart has raged against You.
Yet it pleased You mock me,
It pleased You to test me,
And You did not withhold Your hand.
The hypocrites say,
“It was for this man’s father’s sin that he suffers.”
“His own sin has done this to him.
This is his reward.”
But You have whispered in my ear.
“This is for My glory.
This is for My glory.”

Wait patiently on the Lord
For has heard you!
The days of your mockers are numbered
The days of their pleasure are numbered.
Soon, the Lord will come down in strength
And break the bow of my enemies.
Soon; wait patiently
For the Lord loves those who wait on Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home