Saturday, October 28, 2006

Love life

I'm not wearing any underwear, which has nothing to do with my love life, but I do think that it's important emough to post up here.

So... there are two girls. Pretty much one, though. There were two girls, but one of them has this all-business approach to Christianity. I love Jesus too, but do we always have to talk about him? Some would call that heresy, but I would call it acknowledging the rest of his creation. I think that we should see Jesus in that creation, but I don't sometimes a puppy is cute enough without having to acknowledge comparing the puppy's unconditional love to Jesus'(we never really talked about that, but this is a pretty fair example). I don't always want to talk about some of the spiritual things we've seen (she's seen stuff too) because that stuff is really heavy, and intense. It kinda weighs you down sometimes. I went out to eat with that girl the other day just to kinda figure her out some more, and, unless she super-duper changes, I feel like she's not really my type. It's kinda crazy to acutally have the freedom to say that. All of you guys know how bound I become to each one of my crushes, so to actually have the strength and freedom to evaluate the situation and know that this girl really isn't someone that I would want to spend an abundance of time with is liberating and speaks for how far God has brought me as a person. She's an amazing woman of God; I have never been called out on so many of my ignored, unknown spiritual issues the way that she did. But I guess, I didn't feel any kind of chemistry there.

Then the other one. Well, she's actually the same one that I had posted about all last year. Yep, it's her. I have a BLAST with that girl. We communicate the way I imagine a great couple ought to. I've totally brought up to her more than once how I feel and she is able to be cool with it. She's single now, and a couple weeks ago, I told her that I was on the market and asked if she was. She said no. But I don't feel like it's a "No, not with you," I feel like it's a "No, not right now." I don't plan on letting that girl out of my sights.
I saw her last night at a church thing. I didn't even know she was there, but she came up to me and kicked me in the shin and we picked up right where we left off. We never skip a beat, I feel like we always are in tune. As I was looking down at her smiling and listening to her talk, I just kept thinking, "Man, I could do this. I want to do this." So who knows? I'm going to see her again on Wed, but not like at a church thing, or a school thing; it's a dinner thing.
I don't know what any of this means. I know what I want it to mean, but I also know that this girl has kinda burned me before (it's pretty justified to say that I jumped the gun, though), so I'm being a little cautious. I'm sick of being her casual friend. I would like to be more deliberate about seeing her. But right now, I just don't want to force anything. I learned my lesson. I going to be patient this time around.

That's the update. It felt good to type, so I'm glad you asked. Cool. I erased some other analytical stuff because I just don't want to be that guy anymore. I'm tired of trying to think about everything. So, I'm going to stop and read some comic books that I borrowed from Matt.

Rock-n-roll, fellas.

5 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Sounds like you've got it by the throat, man. Life, that is. Seems you've gained an insight into womenkind.

From what I've experienced, men and women don't share the same vocabulary when it comes to relationships. When a girl says she likes you, she may not want to date you, but she'll like you enough to want to go on dates. What the hell?

Like, when we (guys) say we like girls, we mean we're crushing. Then we want to move right next to this women and into a protective stance and that's when we'll say something stupid like "I love you!" and then she'll think "Whoa! I just like you!" And we're thinking "What's the diff?" 'Cause she very well wants to be in love but it takes time for her because girls are slow. And dim witted.

I'm kinda rambling. But, I swear, she'll tell you, while you're on a date, mind you, that she's not looking to date anyone. But you can bet your bottom dollar that if you play it cool she'll be rearing to go on another date with you.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Maturity said...

but it takes time for her because girls are slow. And dim witted.

WAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

This laughter went on for some time.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Logan said...

Catching up.

I must say, that your first girl scares me quite a bit. On one hand, I like that she has been calling you out on things, because, that kind of discourse if fun for me, however, her all-god-all-the-time mentality is absolutely terrifying.

It is exiciting that there is a girl "out there" that you can like, but be "meh" about. I'll agree with you on your opinion of that.

Your second girl... eh, Scott brings up some good points, but... in all my dealings with women (much like a Jane Goodall wannabe) it really does appear as if they make the decision (that is, "do I like this guy, or do I like this guy") within in the first thirty seconds of meeting them.

I should clarify my stance though. When I say a women decides, I mean (heh, right) they lump you in the dating pile or the friend pile. Now, it is my opinion that one cannot jump from pile to pile, so, if you're in the friend pile, your done. However being on the dating pile doesn't secure you a boyfriend position. One can be on the dating pile and not see results. I think of it like Dante's Purgatory. If you don't climb the mountain, you don't get into Heaven.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Maturity said...

Wow, that's pretty grim outlook; it seems almost impossible to get a girlfriend if these are the stakes.

These days, I actually feel myself losing feelings for both of the girls. I think that's really cool because it means that I, for the first frickin thime ever!, have some autonomy in my life.

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and took the time to read it. It's very hopeful :)

Thank you for sharing. Action is the enemy of thought. So I hope you did get somewhere with her and you two are happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home